Thursday 9 May 2013

Fairies, Pixies and Bat Wings

All you need is trust and a little bit of Pixie Dust! 
~ J.M. Barrie 

What a hectic month it's been. I've been locked away in my studio (the Kitchen) for two to three weeks putting together the most beautiful paper crafting CD-Rom for Creative Crafting World. It's called At the Bottom of the Garden and features 12 original paintings by the incredibly talented Suzie Sroka - The Cock-eyed Arty Miss.

Cupcake Fairy - Original Painting by Suzie Sroka
This is the first time that I have worked with proper art, rather than digital art, and in the process I have met and developed a very wonderful friendship with Suzie. As the developing/designer of a CD-Rom I get to make the decision as to whether I want to work with a particular artists' work (whether original or digital). As soon as I saw Suzie's paintings I was immersed into a whole different world that reminded me of when I first saw a copy of Peter Pan and Wendy illustrated by Anne Grahame Johnstone - magical. There was no doubt in my mind that I wanted to work with Suzie and her paintings.

Lynda Chapman and the team at Creative Crafting World managed to get a 'four day deal' on Create and Craft TV starting on May 13, 2013 and wham! bam! alakazam! the pressure was on! On this super fantastic CD-Rom you will find 12 design sets - eight fairies and four pixies. It's packed with toppers, backing papers, embellishments, inserts, plate cards, gift boxes, and much more. There are digi-stamps for those who love to colour with pens like Letraset Promarkers or Copics, and Elaine Wheeler has done some lovely colouring tutorials for each set. Adding to the already jam sandwich, Paula Wade has done some amazing cutting files. I'll be making some of the cards and boxes you can do from this CD-Rom so I'll upload a gallery soon!

Screenshots from At the Bottom of the Garden CD-Rom
And just on the note of wings: we took our son, Vincent to Castle Acre/ Priory in Norfolk on bank holiday Monday and let him run around with his new reigns. They certainly are super fantastic - maybe I should consider something similar for the Binky Roo Store?

Vincent at Castle Acre / Priory with his bat Wings

1 comment:

  1. Hello and what a lovely Blog post Rachael! You have made me blush! I have loved getting to know you, and it is great to find a new friend in you too! I love Vincent's bat wings! :) Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete